At Regions, Capital Markets provides products and services to meet the needs of Corporate, Commercial, and Real Estate clients throughout the bank. Capital Markets provides hedging products that enable clients to manage risks associate with interest rate, commodity, and foreign exchange exposures. The capital raising services provided by Capital Markets complements the bank’s own lending activities. Capital Markets also provides advisory services associated with mergers and acquisitions as well as non-traditional forms of capital. The array of products offered by Capital Markets helps Regions relationship managers compete in today’s rapidly evolving financial environment. Capital Markets provides guidance and support to Regions’ line side, assisting them with winning and maintaining the role of trusted advisor to their clients. The list of product offerings is constantly expanding in reaction to market demands.
The Capital Markets Analyst serves as the primary support for the Capital Markets Managing Directors, Directors, and Vice Presidents by updating marketing materials, providing analytics, and maintaining databases to support the marketing effort. Responsible for supporting senior team members in all aspects of the deal process. Analysts also assist in the cultivation of client relationships by conducting research, staying abreast of client and industry trends, and participating in industry and client related strategic and tactical planning.
Business Segments Include:
The Corporate and Institutional Markets group includes loan syndications, leveraged finance, fixed income and equity capital markets, financial sponsor coverage as well as mergers and acquisitions, and private/alternative capital advisory for middle market companies.
The Securitized Products group trades collateralized securities as part of Regions’ overall securitization finance activities. The Securitized Products group provides a full range of asset-backed, residential mortgage-backed, commercial-backed, and collateralized debt obligation securities, offering securitization finance to clients.
Financial Risk Management
The Financial Risk Management group (FRM) provides hedging products that enable clients to manage risks associate with interest rate, commodity, and foreign exchange exposures.
Real Estate Project Finance
The Real Estate Project Finance group provides client-specific off-balance sheet financing solutions through its various Agency Products – Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, HUD; and its Commercial Mortgage-Backed Securities (CMBS) Platform.
- Assist in the development and creation of client marketing materials
- Generate statistical and analytical reports
- Work closely with senior team members and other groups with the bank to prepare transaction documents
- Compile and understand market data in support of marketing efforts
- Maintains and updates departmental files
- Evaluates transactions and ensures proper understanding of the structure, provisions, and schedules
- Conducting and assisting in due diligence
- Assisting in the coordination of bank / investor meeting logistics
This position is exempt from timekeeping requirements under the Fair Labor Standards act and is not eligible for overtime pay.
This position is incentive eligible.
- Bachelor’s degree with proven record of high achievement
- Coursework in financial accounting and corporate finance
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Past relevant experience (i.e., summer internships or 1-2 years past experience)
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, and Word skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task under pressure
- Energetic self-starter with willingness to work long hours and take on significant and multiple responsibilities
- Clear, logical thinker with strong qualitative and mathematics abilities
- Commitment to excellence and achieving results
- Creative problem solver with ability to perform well under pressure
- Strong analytical, organization, and communication (written, oral and interpersonal) skills
- Strong sales and communication skills