At Regions, the Credit Products Commercial Portfolio Analyst provides analytical support to Credit Products Commercial Portfolio Managers. The successful candidate will gather information and perform in-depth research in order to identify, quantify and mitigate underwriting risk inherent in extending the bank’s capital. The candidate will be expected to develop strong working relationships with client management, internal teammates, credit officers, and other bankers.
- Prepares credit approval packages on new and renewed credit products including determination of the appropriate risk rating as well as risk factors that could change the risk rating, analysis of financial performance, performance vs. projections, covenant compliance, relationship profitability (RAROC), and any other significant risk drivers
- Provides analysis of guarantors as needed to support credit underwriting
- Assists the Credit Products Commercial Portfolio Managers with review of loan documents pre-closing
- Reviews closing due diligence in collaboration with and oversight by Credit Products Manager
- Maintains credit files including post- closing items (Actively manages financial reporting requirements, covenant requirements, past dues and documentation exceptions and ensures credit files are complete with all up to date information)
- Assists with tickler implementation and maintenance
- Monitors portfolio and servicing activities in conjunction with Shared Services support
- Validates the appropriate risk rating for a company and proactively identifies risk rating changes
- Identifies opportunities for exposure reduction or new opportunities within assigned portfolio
- Develops a strong working knowledge of and insures compliance with internal bank commercial loan policy, credit risk
This position is exempt from timekeeping requirements under the Fair Labor Standards Act and is not eligible for overtime pay.
This position is incentive eligible.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Two (2) years experience in commercial underwriting
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Well organized, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task