At Regions, Capital Markets provides products and services to meet the needs of Corporate, Commercial, and Real Estate clients throughout the bank. Capital Markets provides hedging products that enable clients to manage risks associate with interest rate, commodity, and foreign exchange exposures. The capital raising services provided by Capital Markets complements the bank’s own lending activities. Capital Markets also provides advisory services associated with mergers and acquisitions as well as non-traditional forms of capital. The array of products offered by Capital Markets helps Regions relationship managers compete in today’s rapidly evolving financial environment. Capital Markets provides guidance and support to Regions’ line side, assisting them with winning and maintaining the role of trusted advisor to their clients. The list of product offerings is constantly expanding in reaction to market demands.
The Capital Markets Analyst serves as the primary support for the Capital Markets Managing Directors, Directors, and Vice Presidents by updating marketing materials, providing analytics, and maintaining databases to support the marketing effort. Responsible for supporting senior team members in all aspects of the deal process. Analysts also assist in the cultivation of client relationships by conducting research, staying abreast of client and industry trends, and participating in industry and client related strategic and tactical planning.
- Assist in the development and creation of client marketing materials
- Generate statistical and analytical reports
- Work closely with senior team members and other groups with the bank to prepare transaction documents
- Compile and understand market data in support of marketing efforts
- Maintains and updates departmental files
- Evaluates transactions and ensures proper understanding of the structure, provisions, and schedules
- Conducting and assisting in due diligence
- Assisting in the coordination of bank / investor meeting logistics
This position is exempt from timekeeping requirements under the Fair Labor Standards act and is not eligible for overtime pay.
This position is incentive eligible.
- Bachelor’s degree with proven record of high achievement
- Coursework in financial accounting and corporate finance
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Past relevant experience (i.e., summer internships or 1-2 years past experience)
Skills and Competencies
- Strong analytical, organization, and communication (written, oral and interpersonal) skills
- Advanced user of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Energetic self-starter with willingness to work long hours, take on significant and multiple responsibilities, and dedication towards excellence and achieving results
- Attention to details and ability to multi-task under pressure