At Regions, the Human Resources Development Program Associate will participate in a variety of HR-related activities designed to refine technical knowledge, enhance leadership skills, encourage collaboration and networking, and demonstrate Regions’ values through a 12-month development program. Following the 12 months, associates will be hired into a full-time HR role. Associates in this role will gain exposure to various departments within Human Resources at Regions, through up to three (3) job rotations in the following areas of HR: Talent Management, Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, HR Operations, Compensation & Benefits, Office of Associate Conduct, or HR Strategic Delivery.
Associates will have the opportunity to participate in networking and teambuilding activities, as well as individual professional growth sessions. Additionally, you will be exposed to senior leadership throughout Human Resources and the organization at large.
Birmingham, AL (Preferred); Atlanta, GA; Charlotte, NC; Nashville, TN
- Assists in consulting with various business unit managers on general HR issues such as compensation, talent management and acquisition, diversity, training and organizational development, performance management, and associate conduct
- Contributes to research projects related to ongoing strategic HR and company-wide initiatives. This may include participation in various working groups and reporting and analytics duties
- Interacts with leadership across HR delivery units and HR Centers of Excellence and provides recommendations on how to improve delivery of HR functions
- Participates in a comprehensive training curriculum that offers a blend of instructor-led and web based training to complement the hands-on experience associates will receive in their assignments
This position is exempt from timekeeping requirements under the Fair Labor Standards Act and is not eligible for overtime pay.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Practical HR experience in an entry level HR role or HR environment
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task